UPVC soffits & fascias are the ideal answer for the British weather
The problem with most conventional wooden roofing products, finishing trims and cladding is their inability to effectively withstand the our climate and resist attack from wood-boring insects.
Britain is known for its wet and windy weather, which can take its toll on wooden products – causing them to rot, swell, warp and crack.
The solution is cellular foam PVC-U trim
PVC-U Trim does not have any of the problems associated with traditional timber, but can be sawn, drilled and shaped as easily as timber using the same tools. With Heavers’ fast and efficient installation you gain a tough and durable finish which requires little or no maintenance. It’s strength and durability lies within the structure, which incorporates a tough, impact-resistant outer skin and a lightweight foam cellular core with effective insulation properties.
Heavers’ unique fascia process:
When Heavers of Bridport Ltd is asked to replace a property’s fascias, soffits and guttering, we will always remove the existing timber work. Many companies might simply clad over these surfaces, but this often only exaggerates the problem. Removing the timber and a small number of tiles allows us to inspect the condition of the rafters and roofing felt.
- We fit a solid upvc eaves filler, which is tucked beneath the existing felt, over the new fascia board and into the gutter.
- 12mm ply is screwed into position, straightening and aligning the feet of the rafters for fixing the final fascia board.
- The soffit is positioned and secured firmly.
- The fascia board is aligned and attached using stainless steel polytop fixings in a way that prevents any strain on the fixings when the gutters become full of water.
- Any removed tiles are replaced, corner joints are fitted and the new guttering is carefully attached and levelled so rainwater can run away swiftly.
- Using this process means that Heavers can offer homeowners complete peace of mind. Customers can rest assured that their home improvement will perform flawlessly, and we can feel confident that our sterling reputation for quality installations will remain firmly in tact.